What to Expect at Your Initial Appointment
Your first visit with our Knoxville Oral Surgeon will often consist of a consultation where Dr. Eisenberg will explain your condition and/or diagnosis, as well as your treatment options. She’ll discuss your concerns and goals, answer any questions you have and let you know exactly what to expect so you feel informed and confident about your care.
Occasionally, surgery or a treatment can be performed on the same day as your consultation. However, if you have a complex medical history or treatment plan that requires an evaluation, a second appointment to provide treatment on another day may be necessary.
Preparing For Your Consultation
Prior to your first visit, you can complete our online patient registration form from the comfort of your own home when it’s convenient for you. We respect your privacy and ensure that all information is secure.
IMPORTANT: If you’re scheduled to undergo IV anesthesia, please review your pre-op and post-op instructions in advance of your procedure. A responsible adult will need to accompany you to the appointment and drive you home.
Please try to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete any paperwork needed. To assist us, please bring the following with you to your initial visit:
- Your referral slip from the doctor who referred you – This is an important communication tool between doctors to avoid any confusion with the treatment plan that you and your dentist have agreed upon. Some doctors will complete our online referral form, but please verify with your doctor.
- Your x-rays – If your dentist has referred you for treatment, their office will often have x-rays that we can use. For best diagnostic quality, they must be less than 6 months old.
- Your medical/dental insurance cards
- Your driver’s license or other valid government-issued photo identification
- A written list of all the medications you are currently taking
- A parent or guardian if you’re under the age of 18 – A parent or guardian must come with you to all visits, including surgery and post-operative appointments if you’re under 18 years of age
Diabetes can be a complicated disease and it may also significantly impact our approach to your oral surgical care. Here are some guidelines to follow if you’re diabetic:
- Try to schedule a morning appointment.
- Please check your blood sugar as you normally would prior to your appointment. Write down the reading and bring it with you to your visit.
- If you do not know the value of your most recent HbA1c test, please call your physician.
- It is very important that you maintain the same morning routine for food and medications as you would on any other day unless told otherwise by your medical doctor.
Please alert the office if you have any medical condition that may be a concern prior to surgery. It is important that you take any medications as prescribed by your physician on the day of your appointment. Do not skip medications unless specifically told to by your physician or our staff. Failing to take your prescribed medications could result in the cancellation of your appointment. If you have any questions about this, do not hesitate to call us prior to your visit for clarification.
Your Comfort is Our Top Priority
At our Knoxville, Tennessee oral surgery practice, we rely on cutting-edge technology and our in-depth experience to offer high quality care to patients of all ages in a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. If you’re ready to maintain or restore your oral health and smile aesthetics, schedule a visit with us today!