Our Financial and Insurance Policies
We’re so pleased that you’ve chosen our practice for your oral surgery or cosmetic needs. Our team is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of care at the most reasonable price. We’re transparent and upfront about our fees and it’s important to us that we earn your trust. Because we know that the world of insurance, as well as the cost of care, can be confusing, we’re happy to help you navigate your dental insurance and give you an estimate of the charge for any procedure or surgery ahead of time.
In order to build a successful relationship with you and your family, your clear understanding of our Patient Financial Policy is important so there are no surprises. As part of a professional relationship, we kindly ask that you make your payment at the time service is rendered unless other arrangements have been made prior to the procedure.
For your convenience, we offer a variety of financial options to pay for services at our office.
- We accept cash or personal check (no third-party checks or post-dated checks; there is a $25 fee for returned checks)
- You can also pay by credit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
- Treatment can be financed with outside financing from a bank, financial company or institution that cooperates with our office.
A deposit will be estimated and due on the day of your procedure. This is only a deposit. Once your insurance pays, there is usually a balance, which you are responsible for paying. Our office will bill your insurance; if we do not receive payment from the insurance company within 30 days, you will be billed, and payment is expected. There will be a $125.00 fee charged for patients who do not give 24-hour cancellation notice.
In accordance with the terms of your contract, if the account is not paid within 90 days (after the service is rendered), the account shall be subject to a service charge of one and one-half percent (1 ½%) per month, which shall be compounded.
Insurance can reduce your out-of-pocket cost for treatment. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Dental Insurance is usually filed for oral surgery procedures. In some cases, medical insurance will cover the removal of impacted wisdom teeth.
- Proof of insurance is required at the time of consultation. If you do not have proof of insurance by either a form or a card, you will be asked to pay for your visit and we will be glad to file your insurance once we receive the information.
- Remember, for any medical insurance that is filed by our office, a referral form is required from the primary care physician, or the claim will not be paid.
In the event that the account, including any approved service charges, is placed in the hands of a collection agency or attorney, the patient (or legal guardian) agrees to pay an additional 40% of the balance due towards collection costs, including a reasonable attorney’s fee and court costs.
We’re Here to Help
This financial policy allows our office to provide quality care to our valued patients. If you have any questions or need clarification of any of the above policies, please feel free to call us at (865) 410-3075.
Ready to Get Started?
Whether you have functional, oral health or aesthetic concerns, our Knoxville Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon can help. Take the first step towards a healthier, more confident you by scheduling an appointment today!